Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Meaning of Life Among Other Things

First off, the meaning of life. What do you think it is? (take time right now to tell me. i want to know).

Now that that is taken care of, I will tell you what I think it means. What do I think? Well, recently the bible study I frequent has studied this concept, and it is very somewhat profound. It has to deal with what one thinks is the center of everything (hence the meaning of life) I believe the meaning of life is to be in the kingdom of heaven. (Nice straight forward answer..) And having something to live for basically gives one's life meaning... so anything would be right.

Anyway, it's pretty cool how one can live for whatever he or she wants to, and it will be the meaning of life. An interesting question posed by Andy: (posibly a paraphrase)

"Suppose Jesus showed up at your house right now. You know that he's Jesus, but you don't know what he is about. With him are a bunch of prostitutes, thiefs, and even the murderer you saw convicted on the news the other day. He asks you to drop everything and follow him. What do you do?"

Most of us wouldn't follow him. In fact, that was the first thing I thought. How much has the American society contaiminated Americans? Quite a lot, I'd say. (I by no means am uncontaminated)

Alex had a good question when he asked, "What do you say when someone asks you, 'If there is a God, why does he let people die in Africa?' " I wanted to answer this question as this (I said it totally not what I meant when I answered in person) "God does help those people. Rather, he provides an opportunity to help those people with the Kingdom of God. He doesn't leave them out there alone, but rather he invites us to help them. So if we follow his invitation, there wouldn't be those kind of people." And I also want to point whoever is reading this to Andrew Husen's long note on this kind of subject. It is very very cool. http://hs.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=6915090980&f&index=3

I'm done for now. So i'll go to bed, but please tell me what you're thinking.

No comments: