Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Just a Little Information

Hello. I guess I will be using this blog more often as I try to use it more often. (That made sense, trust me) Now it is linked up to my FaceBook notes and my loyal readers there (lol) will get the same stuff I put here. Very cool.

Just want to share with everyone my solo for Jazz Choir went along well. Not as good as it could have been, but when Andy played the guitar, I sounded 10 times better. I am planning on asking him to play for me when I perform next time. ... Did you want the story on that? Read on.

Andy and I did accompany Bryn on her solo (I played bass, Andy: guitar) and we did a very nice job. Then later, it was my time to shine (as I put it). I got up to the piano, and dove on in (after introducing the name of the song). So basically I plunked out the F chord, C chord, Fm Chord, and the Fsus Chord (as I would call them) and sang "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen," an American Folk Song.

I was not very good. But I got a lot of constructive criticism. Anyway, Mrs P suggested Andy play guitar as an accompaniment to me, and WOW it sounded so much better. We only did the first verse, but it was SO SO SO SO much better. OMG. Anyway, that's that story.

The band made it to regionals. (Barely) And we are working really hard this week. We have to make up ten points in order to get a gold at regionals (our goal for the season). A gold takes 64 points. And so regionals is the 13 of October. Fun stuff. This weekend, the sixth of October, we have a double competition. (Homestead and Snider) Check out indianamarching.com for more information.

So it's pretty crazy around these parts. I have had some pretty creative writing sessions (pretty intense) recently and it is revealing. Happens sporadically, but it is really cool. I have posted most of it on FaceBook. Check it out.

No comments: