Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Injustice of Justification

Originally posted Sunday the 25 of January at 12:08 on Facebook

today at church we had an open forum discussion about self-image and the possible dangers, etc etc.

i was thinking on my way home how there are many ways to justify the various habits we have that are not for the betterment of everyone. having finished crazy love my mind is also moving a lot because of it. (really great book. i had some reservations when i started, but all in all it turned out really great)

so we justify ourselves when we can't bear to actually face the truth. this is what i have gained from my own personal experience. here is an example:

so, i always fight within myself when i justify things because it is comfort over character. and i really want to start to model my life the opposite direction: character over comfort. it would be really cool to paint that on my wall.

okay, so self-image is connected to justification because we justify focusing on what we look like by...well, then again i think a lot of self image is that we aren't even thinking about god at all. it is all about ourselves. hmmm..

okay so justification comes into play because you "justify" buying a new outfit for a party because your old ones just aren't good enough. or you "justify" not saying hello to the person who walks down the street past you because what if he/she doesn't like the way you say something or is offended.

how does saying those things bring justice?

(oh, and i realize how horribly written this note is. forgive me.)

Here we go. I just had a revelation:

okay, so i justify NOT giving away all i have and TRULY following jesus because of my self-image. This being i need to get an education, have a job...

that being said, my point in the injustice of justification is that because of justification god's justice is not getting done. i am not living. i am dead because of this justification. i'm in hell.

No comments: